Exeter Poetry Festival 2018 will be the week of National Poetry Day 4th October 2018 – save the date!
As in previous years, Exeter Poetry Festival 2018 will have events programmed around Exeter throughout the week of National Poetry Day which is Thursday 4th October 2018.
This 10th Festival will be in memory of our founder Alex Cluness who sadly died earlier this year.
We are finalising the programme but it will include:
- Poetry cabaret with Matt Harvey
- Jacqui Saphra and Melanie Branton in performance, with Michelle Madsen
- A Poetry Workshop on the theme of work with Anthony Wilson
- A Spoken Word workshop with Michelle Madsen
- Family Workshop with Jan Dean
- The Poetry Slam with Tim King
- A reading by poets including Fiona Benson, Alasdair Paterson, Damian Furniss, Ann Gray and David Woolley in memory of Festival founder, Alex Cluness
- Kimwei Mccarthy, Bard of Exeter
- The launch of the ‘Play’ anthology in memory of Reuben Williams
- Readings from some of the South-West’s finest poetry groups
- And more to come…
Watch this space for further details, the publication of the full programme, and the opening of the box office!