RAMM Pamphlet Competition 2013
ExCite Poetry will publish single-author poetry pamphlets and anthologies with a focus on supporting emerging and established poets in Devon. Pamphlets will be in both print form and, uniquely, electronic form with voice recording, for sale via Apple iBooks.
The inaugural pamphlet will be an anthology response to items in the collection of the Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Exeter. Contributions will be from local school children, renowned poets in Devon and via open submission to find the best emerging talent.
Terms and conditions for open submission are below.
The deadline for entries is August 24th.
An invitation only launch event will be held in the Royal Albert Memorial Museum on the evening of the 5th of October 2013, at 6pm, with readings from contributing poets. Press queries should be directed to email@example.com or via phone on 07854 598552.
Terms and conditions for open submission to RAMM pamphlet project
• Poems must respond to an item(s) in the collection(s) housed in galleries 2 (‘Down to Earth’) and 3-4 (‘Making History’) in the Royal Albert Memorial Museum in central Exeter.
• Any style of poem is allowed but it must not exceed 25 lines including the title and spaces between stanzas.
• Poems must be typed, single-spaced, on A4 size paper
• Poems will be selected anonymously; your name, or any other mark of identification, must not appear anywhere on the poem.
• Provide a separate cover sheet with your name, postal address, phone number, email address, title of your submission(s) and the item(s) in the museum’s collection to which your poem responds.
• You can enter up to 3 poems. There is no charge for entry.
• No alterations may be made once a poem has been submitted.
• The successful entrants will be contacted by post during the first week of Sept 2013
• Selected poems will be published as part of a limited edition pamphlet launched on the 5th October 2013, at 6pm, at the Royal Albert Memorial Museum, as part of Exeter Poetry Festival 2013. In submitting a poem(s) you guarantee that you will be available to read on the 5th October at RAMM and will have previously made yourself available for an audio recording of your poem during September 2013.
• The copyright of the poem, both text and recording, remains with the author, but ExCite reserves the right to publish or broadcast the work in its entirety or in part in the UK during 2013-14for PR purposes.
• The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
• Entrants must have a Devon postcode.
• Entrants do not need to be a member of ExCite Poetry in order to submit a poem, but agree to having their details stored by ExCite Poetry for future reference.
• Poems should be in English or English dialect, and the original work of the author.
• The poems may not have been previously published or broadcast.
How to Enter:
• Deadline for entries is August 24th 2013. Entries are by post only. The address for entries is: Exeter Poetry Festival, FAO Rachel McCarthy, Flat 2, 50 St David’s Hill, EX4 4DT. Your work will not be returned, so please keep a copy. If you wish acknowledgement of receipt, include an SAE.
• Entry indicates acceptance of these rules. Entries failing to meet all these conditions will be automatically rejected.
Posted on July 28, 2013, in Book Launch, Book Signings, ExCite, ExCite Poetry, Exeter Phoenix, Exeter Poetry Festival 2013, EXETER POETRY NEWS, Festival News, NATIONAL POETRY DAY, Poetry Competition, RAMM, The Poetry Society and tagged Devon Poetry, Devon Poetry Festival, Excite Poetry, Exeter Poetry, Exeter Poetry Festival, Poetry Competition, RAMM, Royal Albert Memorial Museum. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on RAMM Pamphlet Competition 2013.